The Wing Chun system can be used in close quarter fighting or distant fighting, as well as for self-defense and utilizes the following principles:
- Guard the Center
- Face the Point of Contact
- Economy of Movement
- Touch Reflexes: Chi Sao
- Watch the Leading Elbow
- Use Linear Striking Action
- Avoid Fighting Force Against Force
- Train to Use Two Arms at the Same Time
- Use Pressure Points to Make Striking Techniques More Effective
- Use the same Meridian Pressure Points as Treatment of Sports Injuries
Master Redmond demonstrates various applications of TWC Principles and Theory.
The following video has examples of TWC Principles being applied in fighting.