One who excels as a warrior does not appear formidable
One who excels in fighting is never aroused in anger
One who excels in defeating his enemies does not join issues
One who excels in employing others humbles himself before them
- This is the virtue of non contention matching the sublimity of heaven
The aim of Wing Chun Kung Fu is to develop physical, mental and spiritual awareness. These elements transcend you to a higher level of life. Self awareness, self respect and a duty to serve should be the goal of life in every martial artist. Meditate on these principles and make peace on your study of Kung Fu, a way of life.
When fear is removed, the arrogance of uncertainty is dispelled. Therefore, it is no longer necessary to prove yourself in any form of combat. By learning how to fight, you learn how not to fight.
- We will train our hearts and bodies for a firm, unshaking spirit
- We will pursue the true meaning of the martial way so that in time our senses may be alert
- With true vigour, we will seek to cultivate a spirit of self-denial
- We will observe the rules of courtesy, respect our superiors and refrain from violence
- We will pay homage to our creator and never forget the true virtue of humility
- We will look upwards to wisdom and strength, not seeking other desires
- All our lives, through the disciplines of Wing Chun we will seek to fulfil the true meaning of the way